Cleared desktop on logout

Tom tom at flowee.org
Thu Oct 14 13:51:40 BST 2021

On Thursday, 14 October 2021 14:06:25 CEST David Edmundson wrote:
> How?

A KWin effect started after the user selected logout from the
full-screen dialog could be used.
This clearing of screen makes sense also for things like shutdown
and Hibernate which takes a full minute on my machine...

The tricky part with things like logout is that apps that have
unsaved documents take focus, would be rather embarrassing if the
kwin effect showing some pretty picture is hiding that kind of
problem from the user.

I think the whole point boils down to the simple question of why
plasmashell is the one owning the desktop background image
instead of the compositor?