Monday meeting notes for 15/3/2021

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 11:39:08 GMT 2021

Arjen:
* I fixed a bunch of plasma-systemmonitor bugs last week
* most importantly an issue where certain state wasn't saved properly
* I also added a new feature so it's now possible to limit the update
rate of system monitor widgets
* still need to add support for that to system monitor

Alex:
* Exams are done, I am back in KDE business 😎
* Have done a bunch of SPDX conversions, davidre is already added as
the reviewer.
* Clang-format in the Frameworks is almost done, MRs are all merged/in review.
* TBH I am not sure if we can get a compromise in baloo :/

Vlad:
* Finished implementing the initial version of the new dbus screenshot
interface. Waiting for feedback.
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-/merge_requests/759 ...
* Merged patches that rework the wl_pointer, the wl_touch, and the
wl_seat interfaces. I broke a couple of things, working on fixing
them. Hopefully, after that, I can continue focusing on input device
grabs ...
* Apparently, I also broke the cover switch and the flip switch
effects while reworking compositing scheduling. Relevant fixes up on
code review, however I'm not happy about those effects in general.
They are huge code-wise, some of their parts I don't understand, etc.

Nico:
* I mostly experimented with getting our apps running on Ubuntu Touch
* And I managed to run kirigami-gallery and Alligator (mostly) fine
* Keyboard input is broken, but we think we know why
* Becuase I'm shipping my own Qt it can't load the system Maliit
inputcontext plugin
* Besides that only some misc minor cleanup
https://invent.kde.org/sdk/kirigami-gallery/-/merge_requests

Fabian:
* removal of double ringed focus in breeze happened a week ago, but
somehow openqa detected it happening only now in krunner

Marco:
# Plasma
* fix for BUG433799 please review
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/696
# System Settings
* System Settings can now load the landing page (landing page itself
still not merged)
* further work for the landing page: better layout, distros can
customize their preferred light and dark themes
* rework of the hyerarchical items under Global theme, they are now
indented https://invent.kde.org/plasma/systemsettings/-/merge_requests/59
# Plasma Mobile
* Finished and merged on master only the 2 stages dropdown top panel
# System Monitor
* better look for the sensor selection:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/libksysguard/-/merge_requests/138