Plasma-Wayland-Fedora 33

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Jan 7 23:12:53 GMT 2021

I'm seeing some issues with running plasma on Wayland in Fedora 33.
One is a message of a problem with ksplashscreen on login.
Subsequently, there is a failure of plasma to go into sleep mode. Sometimes, when sleep mode happens or seems to happen, there is a failure to get to a login screen.
The last thing is that Firefox is often shut down when the computer is idle for a time, and when restarted, shows an error, saying that Firefox must be restarted (again).

I don't see these things when not using Wayland, so needless to say perhaps, I've stopped using Wayland.

Greg