Is it time to fork qtwaylandscanner?

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Jan 7 12:07:10 GMT 2021

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 12:26 PM David Edmundson
<david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:

> I no longer have my initial objections. Especially as it is only a few
> hundred lines.
> We can solve the global_remove problem too.
>
> For now I would say let's build it inside kwayland-server as a purely
> internal tool and not install the binary. It makes life easier.

While I agree that it makes sense to do so, I find it unlikely that
we'll go the next few months without a release of Qt 5.15.

Much like your change got stuck there, I'm sure many others did too
including the bugfixes to come. I don't think qtwaylandscanner is
special in this regard.

Aleix