Relicensing Plasma Browser Integration Host to GPLv3+

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Tue Jan 5 22:29:38 GMT 2021

Hi all,

I've noticed that the licensing of Plasma Browser Integration is all
over the place, some parts seem to be resembling an MIT-style license,
probably carried over all the way from when it was just a proof of
concept we didn't care much about.

To clean up that mess, I'd like to relicense the host (all code in
plasma-browser-integration/host) to GPLv3+ to match the newer host code
and extension code.

According to git log the following people (and myself) touched that folder:

David Edmundson
Fabian Vogt
Laurent Montel
Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
Matthijs Tijink

Are you fine with this, or have any other comments?

Cheers
Kai Uwe

(Should probably do some REUSE porting as part of this, too ;)