Plasma 5.21 repo and soft feature freeze

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Jan 5 18:52:45 GMT 2021

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 5:15 AM Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:

> Git repos I have for inclusion in 5.21, wdiff compared to 5.20:
>
> bluedevil breeze breeze-grub breeze-gtk breeze-plymouth discover drkonqi
> kactivitymanagerd kde-cli-tools kde-gtk-config kdecoration kdeplasma-addons
> kgamma5 khotkeys kinfocenter kmenuedit kscreen kscreenlocker ksshaskpass
> ksysguard kwal
> let-pam kwayland-integration kwayland-server kwin kwrited libkscreen
> libksysguard milou oxygen plasma-browser-integration plasma-desktop
> plasma-disks plasma-integration plasma-nano plasma-nm plasma-pa
> plasma-phone-components plasma-sdk
> {+plasma-systemmonitor+} plasma-tests plasma-thunderbolt plasma-vault
> plasma-workspace plasma-workspace-wallpapers plymouth-kcm
> polkit-kde-agent-1 powerdevil {+qqc2-breeze-style+} sddm-kcm systemsettings
> xdg-desktop-portal-kde
>
> plasma-firewall should be included too, it's currently in network category
> on invent.kde.org so that should be moved

Plasma Firewall is currently recorded as not having completed it's
transition through KDE Review, so it shouldn't be released as part of
Plasma.

Also, the initial request for it to be moved indicated that it was intended
to be in network/ (and therefore targeting Release Service / Extragear) so
i'm going to need a statement from it's maintainers that this was an error
on their part.

> Noah is qqc2-breeze-style to be included?  It has not yet passed kdereview.
>
> Dan Vratil what about plasma-pass?
>
> plasma-systemmonitor is to be included.  This duplicates functionality
> with ksysguard which is still included.  I'm not sure how to explain this
> to packagers or users.
>
> Stuff in the plasma category which is excluded:
> kde-vdg-extras lancelot latte-dock oxygen-gtk plasma-active-window-control
> plasma-bigscreen plasma-pass plasma-redshift-control plasma-simplemenu
> user-manager
>
> The list is made with this script which grabs everything in the plasma
> category and excludes listed items
> https://invent.kde.org/sdk/releaseme/-/blob/master/plasma/plasma-git-repos
>
> Jonathan

Cheers,