Plasma 5.21 repo and soft feature freeze

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Jan 5 16:15:29 GMT 2021

Git repos I have for inclusion in 5.21, wdiff compared to 5.20:

bluedevil breeze breeze-grub breeze-gtk breeze-plymouth discover drkonqi
kactivitymanagerd kde-cli-tools kde-gtk-config kdecoration kdeplasma-addons
kgamma5 khotkeys kinfocenter kmenuedit kscreen kscreenlocker ksshaskpass
ksysguard kwal
let-pam kwayland-integration kwayland-server kwin kwrited libkscreen
libksysguard milou oxygen plasma-browser-integration plasma-desktop
plasma-disks plasma-integration plasma-nano plasma-nm plasma-pa
plasma-phone-components plasma-sdk
{+plasma-systemmonitor+} plasma-tests plasma-thunderbolt plasma-vault
plasma-workspace plasma-workspace-wallpapers plymouth-kcm
polkit-kde-agent-1 powerdevil {+qqc2-breeze-style+} sddm-kcm systemsettings
xdg-desktop-portal-kde

plasma-firewall should be included too, it's currently in network category
on invent.kde.org so that should be moved

Noah is qqc2-breeze-style to be included?  It has not yet passed kdereview.

Dan Vratil what about plasma-pass?

plasma-systemmonitor is to be included.  This duplicates functionality with
ksysguard which is still included.  I'm not sure how to explain this to
packagers or users.

Stuff in the plasma category which is excluded:
kde-vdg-extras lancelot latte-dock oxygen-gtk plasma-active-window-control
plasma-bigscreen plasma-pass plasma-redshift-control plasma-simplemenu
user-manager

The list is made with this script which grabs everything in the plasma
category and excludes listed items
https://invent.kde.org/sdk/releaseme/-/blob/master/plasma/plasma-git-repos

Jonathan