Request on the Kickoff replacement

Temet david.rivoal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 16:43:53 GMT 2021

Hello Plasma Teams,

Thanks for your hard work guys. I'm a KDE user since KDE 1 and I can't
imagine using another DE for my personal use (I'm not offered the choice in
my professional use  :()

The KickOff replacement is a big change. I adapted to KickOff and now I
have to adapt to the new one.
The option to have the favorites folder in list mode is a life saver for me
as I hate the grid view in every menu.

Still, there is 1 single option that I miss at the moment : the option to
hide the "places" section. I'm not sure how it's named in English as I'm
French. You know the section with hard drives, folders, recent documents,
most used apps, etc. I always hate that thing and KickOff offered the
possibility to disable it (so does one of the alternatives, but I aim for
using the default app when I can).

Could you please consider implementing an option to disabled this one too?
Also, please note that in the French version, the text is too long and
crosses the vertical separation line (see attached).

Regards,

David