D23257: Allow for easier syncing of Plasma font

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 17 23:04:30 GMT 2021

filipf added a comment.

  I think it should work same as when I submitted the patch. It would be good to add a comment though that this feature is only supported for for SDDM 0.19 and above.

  In D23257#514708 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23257#514708>, @filipf wrote:

  > In D23257#514619 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23257#514619>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > Does anything bad happen if the users uses this with a version of SDDM that doesn't support it yet, or does the new item in the config file just get ignored?
  >

  > Still runs for me and I'm not getting any errors when running the greeter in test mode, but I can't be 100% sure it's not causing any issues.

  And per this comment nothing bad will happen for versions before 0.19, in case there is some conservative distro out there.

  ///

  @davidre, seeing as this was one of the goals, could you also help me finish T12710 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T12710>? D27461 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27461> should likewise just work as is, I just didn't get any +1 on it back then.
  Task no.2 was something I couldn't accomplish though. If you have the time and some insight on how to do it, let me know in the task.

REPOSITORY
  R123 SDDM Configuration Panel (KCM)

BRANCH
  easier-font-syncing (branched from master)