Re-purposing KWaylandServer

Vlad Zahorodnii vlad.zahorodnii at kde.org
Thu Apr 29 14:14:15 BST 2021

On 4/28/21 4:27 PM, Aleix Pol wrote:
> +1 for unifying them and refactoring all within a product. It must
> stay properly separate but it would allow us to organise the

If kwaylandserver is integrated with the rest of kwin, it will be
possible to simplify some protocols as wayland bits will be able to talk
directly to the backend or the renderer instead of relying on callbacks,
or taking impl objects.

It will be also nice to unify client buffers for wayland clients and
internal clients.

I would personally prefer full integration of kwaylandserver in libkwin.

Cheers,
Vlad