Setting backlight on multiple screen

jiri.one jiri.one at protonmail.com
Thu Sep 17 20:10:57 BST 2020

Hi, I have 2 monitors, both are able to receive ddc/ci signals, both have "link" in /sys/class/backlight - it is ddcci6 and ddcci7. I am using ddcci-driver-linux-dkms. But problem is, that I am unable to control their backlight from Plasma gui separately or together. I am able to control from gui only the first on, with lower number (ddcci6). If i disable monitor witch is connected on DP and then I restart PC, then I have only one link named ddcci6 and then I am able to control my primary monitor, which is connected over HDMI. I am control both monitors with xbacklight from acpilight package or from any other cli tool, but not from gui. Can you add this feature to Plasma 5.20? It will be really nice :).

PS: now I am using Arch Linux, but I would like to switch to KDE Neon ;)
PPS: congratulations for Plasma 5.20 beta ... ;)

Thanks a lot for answer and sorry for my english (I am not using translator :))