monday meeting notes for 21/9/2020

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 12:11:29 BST 2020

David E
* first topic: plasma beta testing day
* It was something we decided to do last kickoff meeting - and we said
lets pick a date in advance as people always forget
* I wrote a draft blog post
* if people can review and give me feedback hopefully I can publish by lunch
* In other news from me, my systemd patchset landed, and there were
quite issues that came about

Fabian
1) Shouldn't master be at 5.20.80 by now? It's currently at 5.19.90
still [will be corrected)
2)  I've got a khotkeys MR, which I actually forgot about myself:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/khotkeys/-/merge_requests/3  It even
uses xlib, so it's twice outdated. What to do with that?
3) Ping for kbroulik about the pbi MR

Kai Uve
* basically I am still kinda recovering from Akademy..
* during Akademy I started a task for "plasma work from home edition"
gathering ideas how to improve plasma for online conferencing and
remote work https://phabricator.kde.org/T13570
* I got myself a USB footpedal now and can now control my microphone
with that :) patches for KWin and plasma-pa will come up when I find
the time to clean them up

David R
 - Fixed two ksysguard related  unit tests
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/libksysguard/-/merge_requests/69
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/ksysguard/commit/9887f5906fac510af6e9fb5368df6f73e48ddffd
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/ksysguard/-/merge_requests/36
- Ported traffic monitor to quickcharts
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-nm/-/merge_requests/20
- Implemented highlighting of changed settings for shortcuts kcm
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/147
- Make krunner faster to respond to global shortcuts
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/255
- During akademy started converting plasma to spdx statements
https://invent.kde.org/teams/licensing/issues/-/issues/3
- Make all list items in the shortcuts kcm have the same size
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/150
- Handle shortcuts conflicts during configuration in the kcm itself
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/150
- Fix tab key handling in shortcuts kcm
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kcmutils/-/merge_requests/18
- Related to that I wondered why we do not use adbus activiation as it
is in the spec anywhere and made a prototype for kglobalaccel

Arjen:
* from my side: I've been doing cleanup and release preparation stuff
for plasma-systemmonitor last week
the plan is to do a "preview" release alongside plasma 5.20, then have
it be an official part of plasma for 5.21
* we're also continuing investigation around performance of things on
plasma-mobile/pinephone
* for example today we found an interesting thing where the cache key
used in Plasma's Svg class turns out to be rather more expensive to
create than needed
* oh and I'm encountering several regressions on the plasma 5.20 beta
(coming from 5.19), primarily among them is that button sizes are
broken

Nico:
Open:
* Fix buttons exceeding the global toolbar with some styles:
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kirigami/-/merge_requests/104
Fix some clang warning in kcoreaddons:
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kcoreaddons/-/merge_requests/30
* Port konversation away from KIconThemes:
https://invent.kde.org/network/konversation/-/merge_requests/2
* Port plasma-nm away from KIconThemes:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-nm/-/merge_requests/27
* Port Konqueror away from some KIconThemes API:
https://invent.kde.org/network/konqueror/-/merge_requests/40
* Port kio-extras away from some KIconThemes API:
https://invent.kde.org/network/kio-extras/-/merge_requests/32
* bluez-qt: Expose rfkill to QML:
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/bluez-qt/-/merge_requests/5
* bluedevil: Improve UI when no bluetooth hardware available,
regression from QML port:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/bluedevil/-/merge_requests/13
* Depends on aforementioned bluezt-qt patch, therefore cannot go in Plasma/5.20?
* Maybe I can make a somewhat uglier patch for 5.20
* Port Kget from deprecated KIO API:
https://invent.kde.org/network/kget/-/merge_requests/4
* Deprecate KIO::pixmapForUrl:
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kio/-/merge_requests/144
Merged:
* Remove leftover QtVK stuff from plasma-phone-components:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-phone-components/-/merge_requests/89
* Rework result UI in qrca:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma-mobile/qrca/-/merge_requests/14
* General cleanup in qrca
* Fixed regression in startplasma-dev:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/274
* Port Okular and KIO away from KIconLoader API
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kio/-/merge_requests/142
https://invent.kde.org/graphics/okular/-/merge_requests/277
* Add back Exec line to autostart and bluetooth KCM, got lost in the
ports: https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/155
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/bluedevil/-/merge_requests/12
* Remove dead file in autostart KCM:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/156
* Fix owncloud login in KAccounts:
https://invent.kde.org/network/kaccounts-providers/-/merge_requests/2
* Other:
* Investigated some failing Android builds, boils down to stuff in our
toolchain file
* Investigated blurry icons in systemsettings on highdpi, boils down
to QQuickWidget having the wrong screen/wrong DPR
[d_ed had a fix for that in Qt, but apparently the issue is stil lthere]

Carl Schwan
Ported Kontrast's and Basket's color pickers to use the xdg-portal,
now both app should be fully working on Wayland and in Flatpaks :)
* https://invent.kde.org/accessibility/kontrast/-/merge_requests/9 (merged)
* https://invent.kde.org/utilities/basket/-/merge_requests/24 (merged)

Work on improving QML documentation and move doxyqml to kde gitlab

* https://invent.kde.org/sdk/doxyqml/-/merge_requests/1 (merged)

Marco
* was away on monday
* finished up process tree mode for new sysguard, Please review mrs
for the tree mode in qml sysguard
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/libksysguard/-/merge_requests/73 and
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-systemmonitor/-/merge_requests/36
* on week before, mostly akademy but landed the kitemmodels part of
the QML treeview