How to enable notification history for an application

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Mon Sep 14 18:17:11 BST 2020

Can somebody help on how Plasma can be configured to show or hide a specific
application's notification history, if that application is not already in the
list of applications shown in the System Settings Notifications list (ie
Konsole, KDevelop, Spectacle, etc).

Currently, if an application is not already in the System Settings list, the
user has to select whether to show notification history for ALL applications,
and cannot as far as I can see select just ONE unlisted application.

I want KAlarm itself to be able to set its default to "show notification
history", to avoid the user having to know about going to System Settings to
do this. If possible, KAlarm would also be able to enable or disable showing
its notification history at any time.

I've set kalarm.notifyrc to contain a DesktopEntry value, but that hasn't done
anything in itself.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer, KAlarm author.