Plasma Firewall

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Thu Oct 8 16:13:30 BST 2020

On 05.10.20 16:04, Harald Sitter wrote:
> On 04.10.20 17:32, Nate Graham wrote:
>> I've got firewalld installed, yet I see an error asking me to install it
>> upon opening the KCM: https://i.imgur.com/qQzYLwH.jpg
>
> Also mind the %1 in the label below ;)
> I'm guessing because no backend is loaded some var is undefined and thus
> the i18n argument is missing - weshould probably hide the label or
> something.
>
> HS

Some other things I've noticed:

TableView seems grumpy:
systemsettings(143986)/(qml) insertColumn: TableView::insertColumn():
you cannot add a column to multiple views

Also this
systemsettings(143986)/(default) unknown:
file:///usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_firewall/contents/ui/ViewBase.qml:140:13:
QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are
deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }

Localization of proto and interface combobox seems to be not working:
https://i.imgur.com/EWwdV48.png

Blacklist connection feature on the connections view seems to not do
anything (with ufw backend)

Random nitpick: the connections view shows MainThread as program for
firefox tabs :|

Are we sure that connections kauth helper really should require no
authentication and be available to all users? On multi user systems that
does seem like quite the privacy leak. I would think users should at
least be member of an adminish group to access that data.

The viewlog method of the ufw helper requires no auth but allows opening
arbitrary file paths. I expect doing anything but existence checking
isn't going to be trivial considering it filters lines by a magic
string. Still a bit of a concern I expect

The ternary nesting inside modify makes me sad :(

There are some uncategorized qDebug() calls, not sure if that's intentional.

All in all it's looking really good

HS