D9040: Revert "[Lock Screen / Login] Add "reveal password button""

Manuel Strehl noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 24 19:45:33 GMT 2020

boldewyn added a comment.

  My apologies to resurrect such an old issue, but for me this is a notable regression. My use case are children aged 7-10 logging in on a desktop PC. They are not completely firm in keyboard usage and need some kind of help to enter their passwords. The “reveal password” button is essential for them being able to log in theirselves.

  The missing button was immediately noticed by them after a Kubuntu 18.04 => 20.04 upgrade.

  I understand the case for consistency, but at the same time I assume other groups of users, like elderly or persons with Parkinson’s or poor eyesight, would also benefit from re-adding the button.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace