Gitlab and plasma dev

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Wed May 27 22:17:51 BST 2020

Hi,

 > I think this could be achieved with a label, that reviewers can set
and authors can clear when they're ready.
 > Somehow it's possible to create a label that covers all of Plasma as
the VDG have one already.

Good idea! I think having a "Needs changes" label would be very useful,
even on a global scale, not just for Plasma. Then you could also filter
those ones out from your search queries.

However, given GitLab has this concept of resolved threads where it
wouldn't let you merge until everything's remedied - maybe there already
exists infrastructure we could leverage for this purpose? (probably only
in EE, scnr)

What I would like to see is a "VDG approved" or "Design approved" label
to explicitly express for designers "we like the looks of it" or "the
interaction pattern is sound" but that someone still needs to review the
actual code.

Nate's been doing this on Phabricator by doing this "Accepted by VDG"
which I recall was an awkward dance of clicking accept and then
unchecking oneself. Making this more explicit and user-friendly would be
appreciated.

Cheers
Kai Uwe