Monday meeting notes for 25/5/2020

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon May 25 11:36:54 BST 2020

Kai Uwe
Notifications:
* Fixed notification spacing accidentally removed in "plasmoid heading" changes
* Did some prepatory work for notification popup grouping
* Merged a more compact (KDE4 style) OSD
* Made a proof of concept patch for aligning notification popups with
the notification icon (for ultra-wide screens),
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/5
plasma-browser-integration:
* Some minor cleanups in downloads plug-in
    * Got a working KUiServerV2JobTracker in kjobwidgets, will need to
figure out how to choose V2 or V1 in KIO DynamicJobTracker now
* Patch to compress/reduce number of updates for media sessions,
please review https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-browser-integration/-/merge_requests/3
plasma-firewall:
* Requested some initial review, please you do, too! See
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2020-May/117397.html
plasma-pa:
* Added ability to right click stream/device for context menu
* Made a patch for per-channel volume sliders, e.g left/right, please
review https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-pa/-/merge_requests/3
PowerDevil:
* Made a patch for smooth brightness change in sysfs helper, please
review https://invent.kde.org/plasma/powerdevil/-/merge_requests/2
* Want to remove XRandrBrightness, please chime into the discussion:
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2020-May/117379.html
Other:
* Fixed Battery Monitor scroll view anchoring
* Port DrKonqi to `CommandLauncherJob` and added a `--desktop-entry`
argument so we can respawn it in the correct cgroup
    * Stuck on some KCrash compatibility concerns:
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kcrash/-/merge_requests/1
* Plasma `ToolTip` defaults to `PlainText` for main text now, as per
documentation
Personal:
* It's my last week with Blue Sytems this week, so please expect my
responsiveness in reviews and bug reports to reduce from next week on.
If there's anything urgent you need fixed, looked at, discussed,
please do it this week :p

Bhushan
* So ... https://community.kde.org/Sprints/Plasma/2020Virtual
* I've this topic in my list.. I had added 23rd as the deadline for
filling a times that work for all of us mostly
* So in general almost all people are available for dates
* but some people prefer if sprint is on weekends for work reasons
[after discussion]
* okay. so I will finalize 11-14 and send email about format

Arjen
* there's been some ongoing work on the new system monitor widgets
* mostly taking care of bugs that were found and some other smaller thigns
* like proper display strings in the sensor tree
* I think at this point they're really nice and provide a good base
for additional work
[marco:] was there any update on the duplicated hard disk sensors?
* yes, it comes from some old code in sensortreemodel
* gets fixed with my sorted model mr
* other than that, I've fixed a rendering glitch with line charts in
quick charts
* I've also redone the implementation of pie charts, as I found an sdf
function for pie chart segments the other day
* https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kquickcharts/-/merge_requests/12
* this greatly simplifies the code and removes any chance of weird
segment overlap artifacts

Marco
# Plasma
* landed Header color group in KColorScheme
* header color concept also for Pasma::theme and
Kirigami.Theme.colorSet merges landed
* started experimenting on a standalone plasma svg library, trying to
make it the lowest tier and the smallest as possible, will put on a
personal invent repo later today https://invent.kde.org/mart/plasmasvg
# Systemmonitor/KQuickcharts
* support for long/short label split
* the graph legends automatically switch between long and short labels
depending from the available space
# Plasma BigScreen
* fix some qml runtime errors in the homescreen
* port the tile coloring to the Kirigami version
* remove own copy of tile coloring