KEmoticons, emoticons kcm

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sat May 23 01:49:57 BST 2020

Hi,
I was looking through some Plasma code and I saw that we have some
fairly old emoticons KCM using KF5Emoticons.

Now while I know why this exists, it feels like it's more of a thing
of the past from when people wrote :) instead of 🙂. While keeping it
around for the few apps that might still use it (ktp? kopete?) could
make sense, I'm afraid it's probably making it confusing for the users
who expect this to actually allow them to customise their 🙂 but
won't.

Do you think it would make sense to deprecate the framework and remove the KCM?

If some application still uses it, they can integrate the kcm
temporarily until their users come to terms that 🙂 is the new :).

Aleix