D29687: [IconApplet] Port KRun to ApplicationLauncherJob

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 15 15:36:11 BST 2020

ahmadsamir added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in iconapplet.cpp:435
> but "desktop file path" is what we're doing. what I believe is happening that you're actually launching the original file, not the one the icon uses.

I tried with:

  KService::Ptr service = KService::serviceByStorageId(m_localPath);
  qDebug() << "entryPath" << service->entryPath();
  KIO::ApplicationLauncherJob *job = new KIO::ApplicationLauncherJob(service);

and got:
entryPath "/home/ahmad/.local/share/plasma_icons/org.kde.dolphin.desktop"

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace