D29365: Increase values for touchpad acceleration that can be set from kcm libinput UI

Giusy Margarita noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 14 23:27:16 BST 2020

kurmikon added a comment.

  In D29365#671289 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29365#671289>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Typically would would bind both to the same backend value and everything would just magically work. However the code in this KCM is terrible, and is quite imperative, without using bindings properly. So you'll have to manually set both anywhere the slider's value is currently set, and read the value of both anywhere the slider's value is read.

  If I have to read from both, I have to use the same piece of code on value change, but which one I have to choose? Since the spinbox is more accurate I will prefer the spinbox, but who knows which one was changed?

  And if I set both, the "values change" will trigger the function another time. Isn't this going in loop? Or, if not in loop, it will write the value more than one time.

  Unfortunately I'm not able to bind the widgets to a backend. I'll see if I can study something on this, but I don't know if I will make it.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop