D29694: Introduce Avatar component

Carson Black noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 13 19:04:29 BST 2020

cblack created this revision.
cblack added reviewers: Kirigami, VDG.
Herald added a project: Kirigami.
filipf added a comment.
cblack updated this revision to Diff 82775.
cblack edited the test plan for this revision.
cblack updated this revision to Diff 82776.
cblack updated this revision to Diff 82777.
cblack updated this revision to Diff 82778.
cblack updated this revision to Diff 82780.
cblack requested review of this revision.

  Cool stuff. The commit message needs to be expanded to explain where and how this will be used, and also needs to list key implentation feats (initials, colors).

  I believe we use avatars in launcher menus, the user menu, and lock, login, logout (3L) screens. The 3L have no action involved with the avatar so there's no need to buttonify it in any way for that use case. Visually they're fine as is. Launcher menus and the kcm are obviously different. But the main question is actually what do we intend to do with not using Kirigami on the desktop? That makes this component only usable in kcms?

cblack added a comment.

  Add documentation; fix bugs.

cblack added a comment.

  EOF newline

cblack added a comment.

  EOF newline for the QML file

cblack added a comment.

  Code hygiene

cblack added a comment.

  Comment the code.

REVISION SUMMARY
  An Avatar component displays an avatar.

TEST PLAN
  F8317303: ksnip_20200513-134838.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8317303> (2x scale)

    Row {
        spacing: Kirigami.Units.smallSpacing
        Kirigami.Avatar {
            name: "Carson Black"
        }
        Kirigami.Avatar {
            name: "Marco Martin"
        }
        Kirigami.Avatar {
            name: "Carl Schwan"
        }
        Kirigami.Avatar {
            name: "Kai Uwe Broulik"
        }
        Kirigami.Avatar {
            name: "Nate Graham"
        }
        Kirigami.Avatar {
            name: "Roman Gilg"
            initialsMode: Kirigami.Avatar.InitialsMode.UseIcon
        }
        Kirigami.Avatar {
            name: "David Redondo"
            source: "/home/jpontaoski/Pictures/Barista/barista.svg.png"
        }
    }

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami