D29603: Adds custom spacing between task manager icons

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 11 17:53:21 BST 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  In D29603#668422 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29603#668422>, @martellini wrote:

  > > Also, it doesn't make sense IMO to expose separate horizontal and vertical controls; there should be just one control visible, and it should affect the task manager no matter its orientation.
  >
  > If that's the better way I totally agree, but I don't know recall that setting. Is there an open issue that I can look into?

  This thing: F8310217: this thing <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8310217>

  Right now IMO its function is pretty unclear and useless. Adjusting it usually doesn't change anything at all, making it look broken. I think we should fix this first.

  Conceptually, I think by default, the icon size should smoothly scale with the panel thickness. Right now it roughly does this, but with hard sizes rather than smoothly scaling the icons, as the macOS Dock does. I think that would be a better default.

  Then, on top of that, we could additionally have the following settings for fine-tuning:

  - Spacing (narrow or wide)
  - Maximum icon size (or maybe we don't even need this at all?)

  How does that sound?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop