kwallet-pam >= 5.18.4 and ecryptfs homes

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun May 10 22:24:58 BST 2020

P.S: Remember to CC me

El dilluns, 4 de maig de 2020, a les 21:11:22 CEST, Nate Graham va escriure:
> On 5/3/20 4:02 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:> Problem with SOLUTION 1 is
> that it adds lots of code in a relative "sensitive" piece of code like a
> pam module for for what it is a one time thing.
> > Problem with SOLUTION 2 is that it's not a solution :D
> >

> > Opinions?
>
> I feel pretty confident in your skills at implementing option 1 safely.
> :)

Here the problem is that i actually need to be able to reproduce the issue myself first, i guess i can try installing some old KUbuntu and then upgrading in a VM. Let's try to give it a try.

> Once the code is pushed out to users in 5.18.5, could we remove it in
> master to avoid an ongoing maintenance and security issues?

No, we need it "forever" so that people updating from < 5.18.3 to >= 5.18.4 don't face the problem.

Cheers,
  Albert

P.S: Remember to CC me