D28154: Add users KCM

Carson Black noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 7 15:36:21 BST 2020

cblack marked 5 inline comments as done.
cblack added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in kcm.cpp:94
> what's this for?

used as a hook for QML to know when the KCM needs to apply

> davidedmundson wrote in kcm.cpp:97
> This is an odd method name.
>
> I don't really understand what it's doing, some sort of title casing?

taking the initials of a user's real name

> davidedmundson wrote in kcm.cpp:121
> so who cleans this up?

whoever is normally cleaning up tempfiles

> davidedmundson wrote in usermodel.cpp:72
> why are we resetting the whole model instead of just dataChanged() on the relevant row

i couldn't figure out how to use those correctly. some help would be appreciated.

> davidedmundson wrote in usermodel.cpp:78
> The ones not logged in will be sorted randomly.
>
> Also note that if the intention is to have your user at the top, this check won't suffice as you can have 2 things logged in.

> Also note that if the intention is to have your user at the top, this check won't suffice as you can have 2 things logged in.

loggedIn compares the UID of the user to the UID of the currently running program, which means only one user can be logged in at a time by our metric.

> davidedmundson wrote in usermodel.cpp:96
> this is marked as done, yet I can't see where ?

users are parented to the model, which will use normal QObject destructor behaviour to clean them

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  arcpatch-D28154