D29506: rejigger lookup of services by exec

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 7 13:43:02 BST 2020

sitter created this revision.
sitter added a reviewer: broulik.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
sitter requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  previously we'd simply query for an Exec that contains the primary query
  word. that is actually fairly unreliable because that will also match
  on env vars, arguments and the like which then has opportunity to produce
  false positives.

  notably examples is the konversation flatpak which matches 'ding' because
  it has a --forwarding argument in the Exec line and then even gets a
  relevance bump because it is a KDE application, so suddenly it outscores
  the actual ding application.

  to deal with this some rejiggering is necessary. we now query for potential
  Exec matches in its own query so we can tell which services are general
  matches and which are Exec matches. we'll then reduce the exec matches
  down to the ones that aren't already service matches AND where the actual
  executable name contains the primary query.

TEST PLAN
  test passes, konversation is no longer reported as match for 'ding' in kickoff

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  master

AFFECTED FILES
  runners/services/autotests/fixtures/ding.desktop
  runners/services/autotests/fixtures/flatpak_org.kde.konversation.desktop
  runners/services/autotests/servicerunnertest.cpp
  runners/services/servicerunner.cpp