D28922: Port Sensor Face loading from plasmoid

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 4 14:24:36 BST 2020

mart added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ahiemstra wrote in SensorFaceController.cpp:77
> Similar to above, does it still make sense to use "Plasma/Applet" here?

it kinda has to, as the original idea is to be able to use any preset as it was a standalone applet, so creating a preset means you can find it directly in the widget explorer. If presets are moved somewhere else, it needs somthing that synchronizes them for the extra plasmoids to still work, which it addsa new brittle level of complexity.

it is a bit annoying that is depending indirectly from libplasma for the package plugin, perhaps it could have an internal, non-plugin replacement for this package structure to have it working also when plasma is not installed

> ahiemstra wrote in SensorFaceController.cpp:182
> This seems to be unused?

it's used in the component->beginCreate(context); next line

> ahiemstra wrote in SensorFaceController.cpp:247
> I think we should have a "default face" for when no specfic face has been set yet, that isn't a pie chart. At least for ksysguard the default pie chart feels weird.

perhaps line chart?

REPOSITORY
  R111 KSysguard Library