D29312: Change microphoneindicator for reporting audio monitors

Giusy Margarita noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 1 01:09:52 BST 2020

kurmikon added a comment.

  @nicolasfella if an application is recording directly from an input device (a simple microphone), your hint would be the solution: we should check and exclude sink source monitors.

  This way PulseEffects would be correctly excluded. But I was thinking a special case which would lead to another issue. If in the future there will be (or maybe it already exists) an application that records from multiple input devices (something to mix from more than one microphone), this app should create a monitor sink to redirect every source, then it has to record from the monitor.

  In the case, if we exclude applications recoding from a sink monitor, we will exclude this app that really is using microphones, which is not the primary intended purpose.

  So, the best approach is to cover all cases and report "an app is monitoring something" when it is recoding from whichever source.

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet