D28360: cmake: make xsettingsd check an option

Mikhail Zolotukhin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 28 10:29:01 GMT 2020

gikari added a comment.

  In D28360#636610 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28360#636610>, @kossebau wrote:

  > Edit: The proposed solution to make it simply required only forces packagers to add that and all what it pulls in as build-time dependency to their package creation, even if not needed for the package creation itself at all, which is not something packagers like (wastes resources on package build servers).

  The thing is that xsettigsd is a daemon, which allows some settings, which were set to GTK applications, to be applied to the current running GTK applications without restarting them. Without it settings are still applied, but GTK applications must be restarted in order to use new settings. Daemon absence is the user experience sacrifice and IMO we should use this daemon by default. So, that's why I proposed making the daemon dependency mandatory.

REPOSITORY
  R99 KDE Gtk Configuration Tool