D27595: Watch for language change events, and forward those to the QML engine

Volker Krause noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 28 09:35:21 GMT 2020

vkrause added subscribers: broulik, davidedmundson.
vkrause added a comment.

  In D27595#636543 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27595#636543>, @rikmills wrote:

  > git bisect also shows that this crashes the virtual desktop and regional settings KCM in Kubuntu 20.04

  I haven't seen a backtrace for this, but from what I understood from the chat backlog this is triggering a QML bug (?) due to the re-evaluation of qsTr() with 5.12, rather than actually crashing in the code of this patch? If so, I see three options:

  - ifdef the connect() call in initializeEngine() for Qt 5.12, breaking translations in that version only.
  - Replace this patch by the alternative approach proposed in D25984 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25984> for fixing translations, and see if that has less side effects.
  - Revert this entirely and break translations

  @mart @davidedmundson @broulik?

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami