D28369: [runners/recentdocuments] disable executables or .desktop files

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 27 23:16:15 GMT 2020

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  It's possible to have a .desktop file in your recent documents list as
  you were editing it. Either as a .desktop file or masquerading as
  something else.

  By default we would process the .desktop file like a .desktop file.

  You do get a prompt if the .desktop file is not executable like in
  dolphin.

  Given we know from context that we're showing recent "Documents" we may
  as well turn that behaviour off without risk of ill effects.

  BUG: 419310

TEST PLAN
  Created .desktop file (masquerading as something else)
  Had it in my recent documents after opening in another format
  Loaded the file from krunner. It now opened in my text editor instead of running
  the Exec line

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  master

AFFECTED FILES
  runners/recentdocuments/recentdocuments.cpp