D28305: WIP: Systemd Startup

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 26 12:34:37 GMT 2020

davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ahiemstra wrote in CMakeLists.txt:44
> This pattern is repeated multiple times, maybe we should make a macro out of it? Like `install_systemd_service_file(source_file)`

that's a good idea

> apol wrote in ksmserver.service.cmake:8
> Why is there a - here after the =?

there's a comment above that line

> apol wrote in plasmawayland-dev.desktop.cmake:2
> Is this change related?

Related, yes.
Is this the right commit for it, probably not.

If we nest another dbus-session inside the system one everything gets confused.

Start dbus-manually shouldn't be our repsonsibility but apparently it's needed on some setups that don't have the combined systemd+dbus setups. See 404335

> apol wrote in org.kde.plasmashell.desktop.cmake:55
> We probably want it always hidden?

Right, this line currently does nothing.

It's meant to tell the systemd generator to skip this as we have a unit already, but we're going to use a common prefix at some point.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace