D28262: [applets/analog-clock] Optional minute hand

Anthony Loiseau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 25 21:09:16 GMT 2020

aloiseau added a comment.

  Thanks Nathaniel for your feedbacks.

  About your technical comment, I can not find a kcfg file in this applet to simply extend. I will have a closer look to existing kcfg files and create one for analog clock (next weekend I guess)

  About the conceptual comment, you are right: clocks without minute hand are not common :)
  I have a real one since few years after minute hand gets broken and removed. I finally found the result very ergonomic: faster to read and accurate enough, less disturbing / "attractive" (no need to take a look at it every five minutes).
  This is more common when it comes to watches, under the name "slow watches" which features a single hand for a full-day 24-hour circle (mid-day on top and mid-night on bottom). Since I have no doubt about the morning or the evening, I find the halfway with a 12-hours circle still useful and use it daily.

  Maybe in the future I will make a proposal for a more real slow clock option (24-hours circle) if someone find it useful.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace