D28208: Move sni icon handling logic from data engine to applet

Konrad Materka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 25 18:11:04 GMT 2020

kmaterka added a comment.

  In D28208#634593 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28208#634593>, @davidre wrote:

  > Do you know if `IconThemePath` is specified somewhere?

  Initial commit:
  https://github.com/KDE/kde-workspace/commit/4c553dbf39f4189290387bba35589200ca051084
  Someone mentioned this property here:
  https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2015-December/013620.html
  https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2015-December/047019.html
  But he tried to create new specification. What we need is to update existing one to reflect all the changes...

  > What I could observe is that some apps create a folder hierachy under this path and palce their icon there. I currently don't have any idea how to handle this in qml. Maybe we need to do this in the model / c++  side again?

  Currently it is implemented in `statusnotifieritemsource.cpp`, it reconfigures KIconLoder to use themePath as additional icon location.
  The best would be to have a similar implementation in `PlasmaCore.IconItem`, but this is a lot to change. `IconItem` is using global instance only `KIconLoader::global()`, while `StatusNotifierItemSource` has custom one (when needed) and fallbacks to the global one (`StatusNotifierItemSource::iconLoader()`).

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace