D27783: Add new Account portal

Jan Grulich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 23 15:46:57 GMT 2020

jgrulich added a comment.

  In D27783#632900 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27783#632900>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Ok. When trying to compile I get the following:
  >
  >   In file included from ../libportal/portal-qt5.h:20,
  >                    from libportal-qt/a370903@@LibPortalQt at sha/../../../libportal-qt/portal_p.h:24,
  >                    from libportal-qt/a370903@@LibPortalQt at sha/../../../libportal-qt/parent_p.h:21,
  >                    from libportal-qt/a370903@@LibPortalQt at sha/moc_parent_p.cpp:10:
  >   ../libportal/portal.h:20:10: fatal error: libportal/portal-enums.h: No such file or directory
  >      20 | #include <libportal/portal-enums.h>
  >

  > More generally, what does this thing do? What's it for?

  Do you mean libportal or this portal? Libportal is a library for applications to use portal support without need to do all the calls themself over DBus and they can use a much friendly API.

  This portal allows application to get user name, user real name and user avatar. Normally applications outside sandbox have DBus access so they can query libaccount themself, but given sandbox restrictions, you have to go through a portal and that's why we show a dialog, asking the user whether he wants to provide information to the sadboxed application. The dialog will always look the same, it will just have different user name, real name and picture and reason why the application needs the access.

REPOSITORY
  R838 Flatpak Support: KDE Portal for XDG Desktop