Drag and drop to system tray

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Sun Mar 22 20:28:31 GMT 2020

Hi,

I think Martin means a behavior similar to the task manager where
dragging a file over a window and waiting a little will raise that
window so you can drag that file into the corresponding window.

There's no plans to implement this and I personally think apps don't
belong in System Tray to begin with so, I'll leave it to someone else to
decide whether that's a good idea or not.

There's no way to "raise" the corresponding window, though, we can just
send a "left clicked" signal which then usually brings the window to the
front but it might not. And also while you're dragging, focus stealing
prevention might be in effect? Implementation sounds trivial to me but I
don't think it'll work reliable enough to be useful. Also, since most
System Tray icons are applets which hardly ever handle any files.

Cheers
Kai Uwe