D28134: Add ColorUtils

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 19 09:05:18 GMT 2020

mart added a comment.

  First of all.. I love the idea! :)

  I wanted something like that, tough i had a slightly different approach.. i find the global average color usually producing a kinda washed down color (from what happens in the plasma mobile app startup screen)

  For another project i needed something along the lines, and ended up using a variant of the k-means clustering technique, so you have averages of the colors grouped in clusters by frequency which can generate interesting palettes to play with (then is trivial to add a global average if really needed).
  https://towardsdatascience.com/extracting-colours-from-an-image-using-k-means-clustering-9616348712be

  the first implementation is there (i want a way better api for it to be integrated in kirigami tough)
  https://invent.kde.org/kde/plasma-bigscreen/-/blob/master/components/imagepalette.h

INLINE COMMENTS

> colorutils.cpp:26
> +    connect(response.data(), &QQuickItemGrabResult::ready, &loop, &QEventLoop::quit);
> +    loop.exec();
> +

sync calls should be avoided whenever possible

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami