D27675: feat: avoid duplicated text when assembling user-facing output names

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 17 15:06:36 GMT 2020

romangg added a comment.

  In D27675#629182 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27675#629182>, @dvratil wrote:

  > As you described, the system makes sense on X11 where you get something like `HDMI-1 (Sony GigaTV-12345)` so you see which device it is and what physical output it's connected to. Since KWin does not use to output names but only the names of the actually connected devices, the needed behavior is different.
  >
  > I don't know if it's safe/feasible to change this on KWin side or not.

  Allright, let's go with your solution now and if somebody thinks it can be improved on KWin side it can be revisited later.

  Please handle the nitpicks I raised. When you are at it also add two to three comments to the lambda making it clearer what it does in each line and why. Thanks!

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen