D28089: [applets/systemtray] Fix expanded representation's internal margins

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 17 03:59:56 GMT 2020

ngraham created this revision.
ngraham added reviewers: VDG, Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
ngraham requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This is a pre-existing problem, but became much more visible with D27189 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27189> (thus exposing
  one of the reasons why I like visually separating dissimilar elements so much).
  Essentially the dialog's bottom and right margins were not being properly mirrored on
  the top and left, leading to the applet's content view looking off-center. Various apps
  were locally adding their own extra top margins to compensate for this, which can be
  removed once this patch lands.

  This patch fixes that by explicitly using the default dialog margins for those edges.

  I will submit follow-up patches to fix applets that were adding extra padding that is
  now unnecessary.

TEST PLAN
  It was especially noticeable with D27160 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27160>.

  Before: F8180273: Before.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8180273>

  After: F8180272: After.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8180272>

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  fix-popup-margins (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/systemtray/package/contents/ui/ExpandedRepresentation.qml