D28054: Made window backgroun color lighter

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 15 16:11:29 GMT 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  TBH, I don't really like it. I would be okay with lightening the window BG color a //little// bit, in preparation for the Tools Area being visibly darker, but I think this takes it a too far. The difference is super muted in the screenshots you show where there's a line separating the two colors, and it becomes even more subtle  where there is no such line, for example in the alternating stripey backgrounds in Dolphin's details view. The contrast is just not enough IMO.

  It feels like your actual goal is to get rid of the visual distinction between the window BG and view BG entirely, and use the same color for both. If that's the case, than a half-measure patch like this will actually please nobody: people who like the current contrast between those colors will be irritated, while the people who want there to be no difference at all won't get what they want either.

  We need to revisit the default colorschemes for the Tools Area change anyway, but I think we should do it in a coordinated manner that takes into account that change.

  And yeah, as @flipwise points out, once we change the color schemes, there are various other places throughout KDE where it needs to be changed as well.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze