D27892: [RFC] Don't draw shadows on quick tiled or maximized edges

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 13 20:58:53 GMT 2020

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  In D27892#623436 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27892#623436>, @davidre wrote:

  > In D27892#623425 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27892#623425>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > +1 for the concept and resulting appearance. But, should this maybe be done in KWin instead? That way all window decoration themes would get this fix/change, not just Breeze.
  >

  > I don't know about the best place but  not drawing a border if quick tiled or maximized is also done in breeze.
  >  Also @davidedmundson said to do it on the decorations  level.

  Well, the thing is, all the gymnastic you do here for cutting out borders and corners is already done inside kdecoration2, to split the passed image based on the passed padding. So keeping the code here is very redundant with code that already existes elsewhere. It should be much easier (and more generic) to do this upstream. adding @zzag for further comments on this.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze