D27669: [kstyle] Tools area

Carson Black noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 10 20:49:49 GMT 2020

cblack added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> hpereiradacosta wrote in breeze.h:104
> This change seems unrelated to introducing a tool area.
> I would move it to a separate commit and review request. In fact there are already complains about there being too much space wasted in breeze. These extra 4 pixels don't go in the right direction (and again: are not needed for this patch as far as I can tell)

This is part of the visual changes of the tools area design—extra spacing as to prevent ugly border on border action.

> hpereiradacosta wrote in breezehelper.h:31
> Not needed as far as I can tell (none of your changes in this file require QToolbar)

This is necessary to compile.

> hpereiradacosta wrote in breezestyle.cpp:4382
> updating the palette in every paint event (and calling resetPalette()) will be very innefficient. You need to track whether the palette actually needs change before calling these.

If the tools area is enabled and a widget is in the tools area, then the palette needs changing. It is ugly, but that's what the best you can get when KIconLoader ignores widget palettes.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze