D27808: [Fonts KCM] Port KFontDialog/KFontChooser to QFontDialog

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 10 10:46:55 GMT 2020

meven added a comment.

  In D27808#625229 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27808#625229>, @ahmadsamir wrote:

  > In D27808#625227 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27808#625227>, @cfeck wrote:
  >
  > > We already lost fractional point sizes when porting from KFontDialog to QFontDialog.
  >

  > Yeah, I never understood why they opted for integer values only (I will dig in upstream log history to find if there any rationale behind that, if I find nothing I will, FWIW, file a bug report upstream).
  >
  > > Best approach is to add the KFontDialog to the platform plugin (and also the old KColorDialog while you are at it), or upstream our features to Qt.
  >
  > Now, that sounds like a good idea, sort of like how the open file dialog from KIO is used instead of the upstream vanilla one (I'll need to figure out how that works to begin with).

  Repo is at https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-integration.git/
  This is around : QPlatformFontDialogHelper https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/gui/kernel/qplatformdialoghelper.h.html
  You can use https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-integration.git/tree/src/platformtheme/kdeplatformfiledialoghelper.cpp as base.

REPOSITORY