D27958: [SystemTray] Fix item size for very narrow panel

Konrad Materka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 9 21:44:57 GMT 2020

kmaterka added a comment.

  I don't like how icon size and item size (container = icon + padding) are calculated and used... Firstly best icons size is calculated, but then padding are added. This combined size is used as item size (container size):

  - SNI icons are rounded to nearest icon size (implicitly, because  PlasmaCore.IconItem is used)
  - Plasmoids are scaled to the size of the container, I don't know exactly how it work, probably because default compact representation is just an icon.

  By happy coincident it is (?) working correctly for all sizes.

  There is also a lot of anchoring involved, all items are aligned to left (which looks bad with expander arrow, gap is bigger) etc. But all of this can be fixed in separate patch.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace