D27675: feat: avoid duplicated text when assembling user-facing output names

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 8 20:30:58 GMT 2020

romangg requested changes to this revision.
romangg added a comment.

  Ok, I see the issue. The question is if `Vendor Model` is not a bit stupid as a name for an output and if KWin/KWayland should not be a bit more intelligent about choosing a name. Then it could make sense again to have `(Vendor model)` appended afterwards. For example I have here a monitor for testing which is called on the website: PROLITE XUB2395WSU-B1. But KWin returns as Vendor "IVM" and as name "DP-1-PL2395W/11638JJ60250".

INLINE COMMENTS

> utils.cpp:36
>  {
> +    const auto append = [](const QString &a, const QString &b) -> QString {
> +        const auto s = b.trimmed();

Please don't use single character variable names. Also can this be made more explicit? I can't guess directly what the meaning of a, b and s is. I don't think it is that generic, is it?

> utils.cpp:61
>          }
> -        if (!name.trimmed().isEmpty()) {
> -            return name + QLatin1Char('(') + output->name() + QLatin1Char(')');
> +        // Don't append (ConnectorName) if its the same as "VendorName ModelName"
> +        if (!name.isEmpty() && name != output->name()) {

Full-stop in the end.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen