D10042: feat: parse EDID on the backend side

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 8 20:15:31 GMT 2020

romangg added a comment.

  The idea to parse on the backend side is sound. Can you paste the output you get in a Wayland session? For me it shows the XWayland EDID of the outputs.

INLINE COMMENTS

> waylandbackend.cpp:81
> +    auto device = output->outputDevice();
> +    auto edid = new Edid::Private;
> +    edid->vendorName = device->manufacturer();

Let the backend populate the Private here is unusual, or is it not? On the other side it makes sense. Let the consumer only access the public interface and the backend access the private one. I don't know what's the commonly used approach to that in Qt dev. Out of interest you can say? In any case we can leave it like that for now.

> waylandbackend.cpp:90
> +    edid->checksum = QString::fromLatin1(device->uuid());
> +    edid->valid = true;
> +

A WaylandOutput::edid() function should be put in the WaylandOutput class.

REPOSITORY
  R110 KScreen Library