D27845: Replace Task Manager with Icons-Only-Task Manager in the default panel, and thicken it

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 5 16:53:36 GMT 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  @davidedmundson one problem here is that a `gridUnit` is a fairly coarse unit of measurement, and gridUnit * 3, or 54px is a bit larger than we'd like, but the current thickness (gridUnit *2, or 36px) is too thin. We initially settled on something in the mid 40s, but seeing 54 made various people think we needed to go even lower. Basically we have not yet achieved consensus on the exact pixel value we want for the panel, but whatever we settle on is not likely to be an exact multiple of `gridUnit`, and other units such as `smallSpacing` didn't seem to evaluate when I tried to use them here; maybe that's just a bug that needs to get fixed.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop