D29501: Use left-aligned thickened panel with IOTM populated with some apps by default

Claudius Ellsel noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jun 19 19:05:33 BST 2020

clel added a comment.

  Although too late, since this might be revisited some day:

  I basically like a vertical panel, although I cannot say whether I prefer it to a horizontal one. Both seem to have their pros and cons. Also I really see the advantages of this solution. However just changing the panel to be vertical will likely result in worse UX. Some elements like Kickoff tend be designed (or work better) for a horizontal panel. Also I don't like the clock and other stuff in a vertical panel that much. I much prefer a something like GNOME's top horizontal bar for that (which also has disadvantages like Window close button not being at the screen edge or also taking some vertical space like a horizontal panel).

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop