Plasma virtual sprint 2020

Bhushan Shah bshah at mykolab.com
Tue Jun 2 13:15:24 BST 2020

Hello everyone!

So, based on discussion in the #plasma channel last week we are opting
for having Virtual Sprint on 11-14 June. This is 2 week days and 2
weekend days for allowing people who can't attend on normal weekdays.

# How would this work?

Generally in-person sprints have a normal schedule of,

1) after breakfast meet with everyone, have a short meeting about day's
planning
2) hack hack hack
3) lunch
4) hack hack hack
5) dinner
6) repeat

But since we all are not in one place we will have to get little bit
creative about whole sprint. Following is a structure of the sprint in
general

- One or two small catch-up meeting everyday
- Smaller breakout rooms/meetings depending on topic people want to
  discuss.
- One bigger room where everyone can check-in and idle in when they are
  hacking/online.

All of this will be possible on meet.kde.org which is KDE's hosted
BigBlueButton instance.

I think next plan of action would be to define a one time which works
for participants for catch-up meeting in general. I have created a
framadate poll [1]. Please fill-in so we can schedule the catch-up
meeting when most people are available.

If you can't make to this catch-up meeting, don't worry, we will try to
record the meeting (however recording will not be available publicly)

# Breakout rooms

Generally idea is, for topics which require smaller group of people,
they will agree on a timeslot which works for them, and during that time
slot we can crete a smaller breakout room where people can discuss what
they want.

Scheduling of this can range from,

a) deciding upon this in catch-up meeting
b) Pinging specific people and asking if they can do breakout meeting

# Kick-off meeting

We can schedule the 5.20 kickoff meeting during one of the day.

# Questions?

If you have any questions, please feel free to ping me here or on
#plasma channel.

[1] https://framadate.org/3zkUv4wGkWkOey8f

--
Bhushan Shah