Monday meeting notes for 27/7/2020

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 12:01:57 BST 2020

Kai Uwe
plasma-browser-integration:
* Planning to do a release next week
    * Just a maintenance release with all the bugfixes and
improvements that have accumulated since the last one
Notifications:
* Noticed notification action buttons were broken after PC3 port...
Thanks ngraham for fixing
PowerDevil:
* Want to finish the charge limit patch, will move that to the KCM instead
    * Since the setting seems to be persisted, can probably just write
it once on Apply rather than having PowerDevil monitor/re-apply it on
startup?
Breeze Icons:
* added another mime alias for pkcs12 certificate files, so they have
a nice red lock icon again
Solid:
* Cleaned up and finalized libimobiledevice Solid backend patch,
please review: https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/solid/-/merge_requests/9
* First official open source contribution from MBition :)

David R
* Always hide buttons in kinfocenter
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/systemsettings/-/merge_requests/6
system monitor widgets
* Drawing grid lines and y axis labels in line and bar chart
    https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kquickcharts/-/merge_requests/17
* Automatically calculate data ranged for stacked line charts
    https://invent.kde.org/plasma/libksysguard/-/merge_requests/48
* Set correct maximum for cpu percentages
    https://invent.kde.org/plasma/libksysguard/-/merge_requests/47
* Otherwise some minor stuff in ksysguardqml here and there
* The grid lines url should be
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/libksysguard/-/merge_requests/44 instead
of kquickcharts ...

Arjen
* I wrapped up the actiontoolbar work
    https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kirigami/-/merge_requests/54
* that took most of my time, but it's now ready
* after that I did some work on outstanding mrs
* oh and I'd like someone to take a look at
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/qqc2-desktop-style/-/merge_requests/14
    [discussion whether it breaks with different qqc2 styles, will
work but not show an arrow on other styles]

David E
* code wise I've merged the wayland klipper \o/
* and I'm spending some time fixing QtWayland subsurfaces properly
* 've got a patch uploaded that makes them actually load again. I have
a WIP that fixes all the clipping problems we had
* so that /should/ fix all the kmail problems
* and the future problem of QQuickWidget maybe going away in Qt6
* QWindow with a parent from Qt API POV should clip. So I'm adding a
viewporter on the subsurface
* upstream bug report qtbug61754
* should have that done by the end of the day
* whilst we're in a meeting I would like to draw some attention to
fvogt's patch: https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kscreenlocker/-/merge_requests/9
[Discussion] [apol]  I think it makes sense to remove such measures,
but then I'd also would prefer if we didn't make it easy to download
extensions for such delicate components i.e. if we do this, I'd
recommend disabling knewstuff for lock screens. [d_ed/notmart agree]

Aleix
* well I merged the screencasting, which had a bit of splash on the
interwebs, so I guess people care about this
https://twitter.com/AleixPol/status/1286337353997520903
* The thumbnailing patches are up for review, will push into merging them soon.
* I also got a new convertible laptop to test 2-in-1 kind of features
+ pen and sent some patches you'll see. I can test things. Also it's
based on Ryzen and I've seen some issues in kwin wayland that I hadn't
seen on intel, which I guess it's good that we get to catch already.
* Most important for plasma this week I plan to work on the virtual
keyboard integration, also some other smaller things probably less
important.

Marco
# Plasma
* populate formactors for applets in plasma-workspace, to filter out
those that don't make sense on the phone
* support in the systemmonitor plasmoid more than one total sensor:
use the same KSysguardqml ui, so less code duplication still WIP
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/libksysguard/-/merge_requests/45
# Kirigami
* refactor of Swipeview to look and behave better on mobile and have
way less items in it
# Plasma Mobile
* layout fixes for the dialer app
* continued papercut fixing to the base experience for
homescreen/taskscwitcher/top panel