Monday meeting notes for 20/7/2020

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 11:39:19 BST 2020

David E
* I found out why switch user stopped working on some setups
* there's a systemd breakage in a deprecated method
* and I'm not sure whether to port away or fix it properly

David R
* Investigated krunner crash with pim runner, turns out to be a
deprecation issue
    https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/krunner/commit/8f7ce559b84ee0c21de0256e6591793e4b95f411
* Fix image drag and drop to set wallpaper being broken
    https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/commit/ede14440c7ead9e4fbe41b9b596b44feaf0d4e18
* Fix breeze appearing twice in cursor kcm when removing a theme
    https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/64
* Port libtaskmanager away from deprecated QModelIndex::child
    https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/157
* Created mr for displaying about page for applets
    https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/63
* kscreenlocker Build settings related code only once
    https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kscreenlocker/-/merge_requests/7

Arjen:
* I've primarily been continuing work on the actiontoolbar rewrite
* I have the c++ version working as a replacement for the
actiontoolbar internals, but it's triggering some annoying corner
cases
* and I redid PrivateActionToolButton
* removing the entire custom contentItem and making menu and tooltip on demand
* which means they now get created in ~2ms instead of 6ms

Marco:
# Plasma
* reviewing a bunch of stuff
* make ksysguardqml KDbusAddons::Unique
* fix margins of textedit svg theme
* fixes to steampunk gauge face
* more work on the collapsing support for kdescendantproxymodel
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kitemmodels/-/merge_requests/2
* fixed a small bug in libtaskmanager that gave the model count
property always 0 on startup (was cause of plasma mobile panel
glitches)
# Plasma Mobile
* help testing on Manjaro
* new horizontal bars thing is pushed and default for partitions sensor
* restarted work on the shell, ironing out papercuts on homescreen and panels
* reworked the tasks switcher qml, works much better, just missing thumbnails